Pharmaceutical Medicine Programs
Admission requirements - UNSW Pharmaceutical Medicine
Entry into our programs is based on the following criteria:
- a 3 year undergraduate degree in a cognate discipline plus relevant industry experience (see below for definition) or
- a 4 year undergraduate degree or higher qualifications in a cognate discipline.
Cognate discipline is defined as a degree in one of the following disciplines:
- biomedical/biological sciences
- veterinary science
- chemistry/medicinal chemistry
- other (case-by-case basis)
Relevant experience is defined as:
- one year full-time equivalent experience in a medical department position at Associate level or above in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry (such as Medical Information Associate, Regulatory Affairs Associate, Pharmacovigilance Associate, Clinical Trials Associate, etc), a contract organisation (eg, clinical research, regulatory, economic evaluation, medical) or a clinical trials unit
- one year full-time equivalent position within a relevant government department (such as State or Federal Department of Health, Therapeutic Goods Administration, Office of the Gene Technology Regulator or other relevant regulatory authority).