Teaching & Learning » Human Ethics for Teaching
Committee for the Review of Ethics and Health & Safety in Teaching Activities
- Head of School
- Director of Learning and Teaching Operations
- Head of Ethics for Medical Students
- Chairperson, H&S Consultation Committee
- Teaching Laboratory Manager, School of Medical Sciences
- To ensure that all teaching activities within SOMS are conducted to best minimise any potential adverse impact on the health or privacy of undergraduate and postgraduate students within SOMS.
- The major function of the committee will be to review applications for approval for teaching activities with potential ethical or safety implications.
- Applicants within SOMS will fill in the “Application for Review of Ethics and Health & Safety in Teaching Activities”
- The form is to be submitted as a pdf and as one signed hard copy to Balu Daniel (firstname.lastname@example.org - Room 118, Wallacewurth Building) on or before the due date .
- The committee will consider the applications and consult by email. Balu will consolidate any feedback, and forward to the applicants.
- Head of School will sign-off on the final application. One hard copy returned to applicant, one to Balu for records.
- Approval will be for five years. No interim or final report is required. Any signed consent forms are to be lodged with Balu for records.
- Incidents and adverse events are to be reported to the Committee within five working days by email direct to Balu Daniel (email@example.com).