Finance & Travel » Travel Policy
Policies and procedures:
- UNSW Travel Policy (effective 01 January 2010).
- UNSW Travel Procedure (effective 25 July 2016).
- SoMS Postgraduate Travel Grant guidelines are here.
All travel and conference attendance must be approved by the Head of School before any travel can be booked or paid for. Please follow the SoMS Travel Booking procedures below.
SoMS Travel Booking Procedures:
Step 1. Staff only
Conference leave and any additional recreation leave must be applied for via myUNSW.
Step 2. Staff and Students
Complete a TR1 Travel Approval Form.
This form is to be handed to: Julie Hatzi or Susan Dacre for review prior to the Head of School approving it.
Step 3. Staff only
Leave applications will be confirmed before the TR1 form is submitted to the Head of School for approval.
Step 4. Staff and Students
TR1 form is approved travel can be booked in Serko using one of the following options:
- SoMS Admin will book on your behalf using UNSW credit card:
- contact Jackie Du (x58016)
- Staff may book directly in Serko or by phone/email directly with one of UNSW's preferred travel suppliers:
Step 5. Serko System – Travel Approvals
Please select Julie Hatzi or Susan Dacre to approve your travel booking
If travel is funded from Research Grants, the grant holder must ensure proposed travel is an allowable expense under the fund being charged.
Travel diaries must be completed for all travel periods of 6 or more nights away from an employee’s residence including transit time: TR5 Travel Diary Form. TR5 forms are to be uploaded to SERKO upon return as part of FBT compliance.
The School of Medical Sciences adheres to the University's Travel Policy and Procedures.
Travel insurance is provided by ACE Insurance for UNSW staff and students travelling on official University business.
Emergency travel assistance for UNSW staff and students travelling overseas is provided by International SOS.
* All international travel booked through Serko, or directly with one of UNSW’s preferred travel suppliers, will automatically be entered into International SOS MyTrips.
Any travel booked independently will need to be entered manually by the traveller into MyTrips, to enable access to this emergency assistance service.